Things to do:
- Hiking trail in the woods
- Individual campfire rings (Wood provided)
- Play in our spacious lawn area
- Relax and enjoy the peaceful setting
- Explore and look for frogs, toads, and other small animal life
- Bird watching
- Visit the close tourist destinations of Charm, Berlin, Walnut Creek, Sugarcreek and surrounding villages
- Check-in time 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Check-out time 11:00 AM
- 2-week cancellation policy
- Daily or weekly rates available
- Cash, personal checks, VISA, and MasterCard accepted.
- Gift certificates available
- Our lodging does not allow pets and is an air conditioned, smoke-free facility.
About the lodging:
Each of our four cozy cottages, one romantic suite, two family suites and spacious ranch house are within easy walking distance of a ½ acre fishing pond, hiking trail in the woods, children's playground, paddle boats and fire pits. Enjoy both the beautiful rural setting as well as the many fun family activities. Just minutes from our lodging are the popular Holmes County Amish tourist destinations. Our cottages have become an annual vacation spot for many families, as they are designed to be family-friendly, and provide ample opportunity to spend time with those you love while kicking back from the daily grind.
About Mel & Mary:
Now retired from the business, Mel and Mary first started with four cottages in 1994. After 8 years of developing and pouring their hearts into the business, they passed a successful and respected business on to their daughter Karen and her husband, Leon. Today, Mel & Mary enjoy their six grown children and 14 grandchildren.
About Leon and Karen:
Leon and Karen welcomed the opportunity to become the caretakers of Mel & Mary's Cottages. A genuinely hospitable and engaging couple, they fit their role perfectly. You will find them to be accommodating as you plan your stay's itinerary, considerate of your family time and privacy, and hardworking to keep the grounds looking beautiful and safe. Besides take care of the guests and grounds, they enjoy spending time with their daughter.
Tango joined the staff in 2003. A well behaved black lab, he often greets his guests and escorts them to their new "home." He loves to play and relax on the hillside. Although he faces life with only 3 legs due to an unfortunate accident, he continues to be very optimistic, trusting and friendly.
Cleo's heart has always longed for the country. His dream came true in 2005 when his owner abandoned him and he was adopted into Leon and Karen's family. True to a mutt's breed he is full of energy and is always ready for a game of catch.